Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Parade

Everyone likes a parade.

A procession hailing Jesus as King of the Jews starts what Christians call Holy Week, seven days before Easter Sunday, April 20th.

It's a sad week for me.

As I learned of the murder of Basim "Basil" Sulaka of Clinton Township, Michigan, and, so many more violent and deadly crimes, I wonder how this epidemic of violence may lessen.

How did Jesus tolerate the agony in the garden of Gethsemane?

How did he walk with that heavy cross amid the whipping that tore his skin to the core?

It aches within.

I mourn such pain when I see it all around me these days.

40 million addicts in the U.S. need their 'fix.'

They will kill to get cash for it.

They will.

They do.

We need to come together to find a way out of this fog this nation seems to be waling amid.

We need to get beyond "selfies" that are OK, and move to concern for the common good.

Holy Week is a good week to lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment